|PROTECTION: FPCM Foundation’s Board of Trustees ensures the protection of this Foundation and its mission is:
- To accept funds.
- To receive and evaluate requests, and disburse funds according to the bylaws of this Foundation which will limit disbursements so the Foundation will continue to grow.
- To assist any who desires to donate assets to the FPCM Foundation.
- To annually educate congregation on Foundation activities, as well as offer info on wills, trusts, and investments.
PRIZE: Although giving is its own reward, your donation to FPCM Foundation will be prized for:
- Providing an avenue to give monies, appreciated stock, and/or property in order to promote Christianity.
- Continuing to generate funds so that your one-time gift will multiply, just as Jesus’ parable of sowing seeds on good soil.
- Being a 501c3 tax deductible gift.
- Allowing us to give to our church, outside of our church operational fund, for the benefit of charitable causes.
- Experiencing the joy of giving fruitfully and growing a legacy.
What can I donate?
- Donations of money, appreciated investments and real estate or other assets are welcomed.
- You may designate the Foundation as a beneficiary in your will or an insurance policy.
- You may honor a special person, celebrate a special occasion such as an anniversary or remember a beloved person eternally.
- Annuities may be set up through the Foundation to provide an income to the donor.
How do I donate?
- Simply write a check to the FPCM Foundation, 341 N. Orlando Ave. Maitland, FL 32751
- Contact President Bob Kortz or Treasurer Bill Oelfke
How are donations invested?
- Monies are invested in stocks, bonds, CD’s, mutual funds and money markets according to the “Prudent Man Rule” of investing.
- Investments are reviewed quarterly.
How are funds distributed?
- Four percent of investment portfolio’s value at yearend are dispersed the following year.
- Grants are awarded for charitable, Christian causes in the amount of $500 or less as “seed capital” in six key areas: Basic Human Need, Children & Youth, Compassion, Evangelism, Hunger Programs and Mission.
How do I request funds?
|That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore. Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop–a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. He, who has ears, let him hear.”
Matthew 12: 1-9
Our tree symbolizes life planted, growing for each of us now and in the future. Bearing fruit often in the present, but more often for friends and family in years to come, our tree is a gift that keeps giving. It’s our Living Legacy for our God, our Church, our Families and our Community.